A while back my quilting buds and I went out to the desert near Joshua Tree and spent the weekend quilting. We had a great time and got a lot accomplished. Our accomodations were at what my friend Pat calls "her place in the desert". It doesn't look like much from the outside, but was way better inside -- (for those of you that know of my phobia about roughing it) -- because we were there 3 days. One of the reasons they have this place in the desert is because Pat's husband is a pilot and they have a hanger and runway for his Cessna. So, of course, we all got to go on a plane ride too. Call me daring and courageous!
The "Ritz Carlton" in the desert
Busy quilters
Outdoor recreation
Ready for take-off!!
Up in the air . . . .






1 comment:
I guess that I never did hear about your flying adventure! How fun!
Post a Comment