Sunday, August 17, 2008

Summer's End

The summer is nearly over -- just 2 weeks until school begins again. It seemed like at the beginning that things would not be as hectic as usual and I mentally compiled a list of all the things that I wanted to accomplish. I wish I could say that I had accomplished all or at least many of those things, but there's always another summer. I did get to do those things that were at the top of my list: Taking a class and learning how to machine quilt; I finally made Brooklyn's quilt -- it was about 3 years overdue, but it was my 1st quilt that I made from beginning to end, thanks to having taken the machine quilting class. I was able to attend a huge quilt show in Long Beach as well as visiting about 20 quilt shops in Southern California. The very best part of the summer was having all the kids and grandchildren spending their vacation at our house. What fun!!

Kids slumber party -- did they get any sleep?

Brookie's quilt:



The reason why my license plate frame says, "My Grandkids Are Cuter Than Yours":

2 comments:

Hooper Family said...

I have to say, you do have the cutest grandkids I have ever seen!

larsen family said...

Ditto.