Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Daddy's Big Adventure or Boys Just Want To Have Fun

We've just spent the past week in Utah celebrating Mom and Dad Crosbie's 65th wedding anniversary. Saturday evening after the day's festivities had ended, Jed took Dad and Michael ATVing up into the hills above the Merrill's house. They returned several hours later and were rather nonchalant about their adventure. Then I noticed that the front of Dad's jeans were really ripped up. When I asked what had happened, he just gave me some story about how he had ripped them on the seat as he was getting off the ATV. Later on something was mentioned about him having banged up his knee. I finally got the whole story out of Michael about how they had swerved one direction to avoid a rut and he had followed them, went off the road and caused the ATV to roll over him. The thing that saved him from more severe injury was the fact that he fell into a rut or ravine as the ATV rolled. So the injuries are confined to a whip lash, bruised ribs, sprained wrist and thumb and a really ugly contused and bruised leg. And you know how Dad is, he doesn't complain about the hurt. So, I took a few pictures so we can all feel the pain for him.


2 comments:

Hooper Family said...

Yikes! That looks nasty!! I'm glad that his injuries weren't worse, however I am proud to have a 63 year old dad that is adventurous and active. I often forget how old he actually is!!

larsen family said...

Dad, you keep us all feeling young with your active lifestyle and bravery. We're glad that you are okay and that we had the chance to spend some time with you guys.